Privacy and cookies
Who we are
What information BHSF may collect
1. Any personal information you knowingly provide us with through online account registration/maintenance, policy applications, requests for further information, general forms and our email, such as your name, address, telephone number, email etc.
2. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
3. Your IP address - this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the website. This information is used to monitor the usage of the website.
How BHSF will use the information collected
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience. Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
1. To process your request and/or to provide you with continued customer service and efficient administration.
2. To monitor and continue to improve the services BHSF offers and to advertise, market or bring to your attention, goods or services which BHSF considers may be of interest to you. In such cases, you will be offered the option to opt in/out of any marketing activity.
Will BHSF share the data collected with anyone else?
BHSF may share your information with relevant BHSF Group companies and other third party organisations for administrative purposes relating to products that you have purchased through BHSF Group Limited. Third party organisations will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and marketing activity.
We will not transfer your personal details to the other websites linked to BHSF Limited. However, you may, in the process of requesting further information or procuring a product/service have to give your details to the third party. We will not be held liable for any misuse of your information by the third party. We urge you to check the third party's Privacy statement before passing on your information to them.
BHSF may be required to disclose personal information or documents about you if required to do so by law in the prevention of criminal activities in accordance with UK legislation.
Your information is stored on our servers and is treated as an asset that must be protected. We use advanced tools to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, we cannot be held responsible if your information is illegally accessed from our website. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. We recommend you always sign off when you finish using a shared computer.