Employee Assistance Programme
An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is the cornerstone of any employee welfare
initiative and provides direct access to an advisory support service for employees and their families at a time of need.
Want to demonstrate your duty of care?
An Employee Assistance Programme can help to address employee welfare and can
reduce absentee rates, increase staff retention and help demonstrate a duty of care.
The employee helpline is available 24/7, 365 days a year and provides access to an employee
counselling service offering professional support and advice on a range of issues including
(but not limited to):
- Emotional problems
- Relationship difficulties
- Family difficulties
- Medical matters
- Legal advice
The employee helpline is staffed by qualified and experienced counsellors, solicitors and legal
What else is included?
24/7 manager support - offering first-line guidance for those dealing with people management issues
in the workplace.
Online portal – providing instant access to information on a range of topics, including resources
for managers dealing with common workplace issues.
EAP options include:
- Telephone helpline only
- Face-to-face counselling
- Tax exempt EAP
- MI detailing volume and categorisation of calls
BHSF's absence management system powered by e-days is a highly-effective, web-based holiday and
sickness absence management solution. It is extremely flexible, making it ideal for most
organisations regardless of their size and complexity.
Each e-days implementation is highly customisable to reflect the specific absence management
processes and needs of each customer.
Features of the system include:
- Simple and quick staff holiday request and approval processing online
- Powerful staff sickness absence tracking for managers and HR
- Secure usage over the internet from anywhere with internet connectivity
- Integration with MS Outlook and back office systems
- Customisable email alerts and triggers
- Powerful on-page and exportable reporting
- Robust security and data protection
e-days makes staff holiday planning and staff absence management a simple, accurate and precise process,
allowing your organisation to:
- Securely record, manage and monitor staff absence leave from anywhere, on any device
- See absence details at a glance across different teams, locations and departments
- Automate your staff absence process via email notifications
- Identify sickness absence costs across your organisation through the use of absence records and reports
- Simplify the administration process
- Allow managers and HR to report on absence data through powerful reporting and analytics
Legal support services
Employees can be your biggest asset, but also your biggest risk. With employment law rapidly evolving, it's important to have guidance and support in place.
Employment law and HR support service
BHSF has partnered with leading law firm Irwin Mitchell to provide you with a fixed fee employment law service, designed to protect and support organisations of all
sizes and across all sectors, ensuring they avoid incurring unnecessary legal fees.
The service includes:
- Direct and unlimited access to your dedicated employment law solicitor
- A written compliance audit of your existing contracts and policies
- Monthly email bulletins comprising relevant legal updates
- Access to a health and safety helpline and dedicated website
- Access to a dedicated website which contains useful Employment Law information and precedents
- Invitations to training programmes for you and your team
- Optional Employment Tribunal insurance
Additional services for your employees
In partnership with Irwin Mitchell, BHSF offers your staff the option to purchase personal legal services, including:
Will writing - saving your staff time, money and anguish by allowing them to ensure their assets are distributed correctly in the event of their death.
Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) - designed to be used in conjunction with will planning. A legal document is produced, allowing employees to state what should
happen to their finances and agree who can make decisions for them if they become unable to decide for themselves.