Plan4Life Cancer Cover
Cancer insurance providing additional cash help when you need it most
Did you know?
- 1 in 2 people born after 1960 in the UK will be diagnosed with some form of cancer during their lifetime(1)
- By the end of 2016, there will be more than 1,000 people diagnosed with cancer in the UK every day(2)
- 33% stop working temporarily or permanently following a cancer diagnosis(3)
The good news:
- 50% of people live for 10 years or more following a cancer diagnosis(4)
- Cancer survival rates in the UK have doubled in the last 40 years(4)
Recent research suggests 1 in 3 people living with cancer lose £860 a month in earnings because they are unable to work, or are forced to cut down their hours(3). Would you be able to cope financially if this were to happen?
Things to know about Plan4Life Cancer Cover:
- Claim up to £25,000† on diagnosis of malignant cancer
- Premiums start from just £4.33 a month for Bronze cover for those aged 18-34
- Premiums are age banded and increase with age
- The policy automatically terminates on the insured persons 75th birthday
- The maximum age the applicant can be at the time of application is 64
- Family medical history is not taken into account
- There are five levels of cover to choose from
- Plan4Life Cancer Cover covers cancers, carcinoma in situ, and tumours of the brain, spinal cord and meninges
- Payment is made at half the stated amount if you are a smoker - you should let us know in writing of any change to your smoking status
- Please see the policy details for the full terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy
With Plan4Life Cancer Cover you can claim a cash sum payment that can help towards:
- Monthly bills
- Additional travel costs
- Alternative therapies or drugs not available on the NHS
- Simply some time spent to rest and recuperate without constant financial worry
Support and advice
Plan4Life Cancer Cover features two important services which each deliver valuable information, advice and support, providing help with cancer.
- The GP consultation service is staffed by qualified GPs who can provide advice and reassurance about your health concerns
- RedArc connects you with personal nurses who offer long-term support for you and your family
- The services can be accessed during the life of the policy
† Full amount payable under Diamond cover if you are a non-smoker. Payable tax-free under current legislation - this may change in the future.
If you are aged 18 - 64 years inclusive at the time of application, and normally reside in the United Kingdom, you can apply for a policy, which will continue until your 75th birthday when it will automatically cease. The premium payable is dependent on your age, and no medical examination or questionnaire is required to apply for cover. Premiums increase with age in accordance with the premium table. Premiums are collected at the new rate on the first payment date after the birthday on which you move into a new age band.
(1) Cancer Research UK, http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-us/cancer-news/press-release/2015-02-04-1-in-2-people-in-the-uk-will-get-cancer, Accessed August 2015.
(2) MacMillan Cancer Support, http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Aboutus/Ouresearchandevaluation/Researchandevaluation/Keystatistics.aspx, Accessed August 2015.
(3) Macmillan Cancer Support (2013), Cancerï¿½s Hidden Price Tag: revealing the costs behind the illness
(4) Cancer Research UK, http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/survival#heading-Zero, Accessed August 2015.