Claim cash towards your everyday healthcare bills such as dental, optical & therapy treatments, plus many more benefits!
Welcome to your health cash plan
Working in partnership with market-leading health insurance provider BHSF, the RMT union is pleased to offer its members access to a health cash plan.
The RMT-endorsed health cash plan can help you manage the healthcare needs of you and your family, by enabling you to claim cash back on your everyday healthcare costs.
The RMT is proud to represent you, and hopes that you and your family take full advantage of this benefit and find it to be of good value.
Helping you manage your everyday healthcare and wellbeing needs
The health cash plan offers excellent value-for-money cover towards your healthcare costs, is inexpensive and has a simple joining and claiming process. Please review the policy details of the health cash plan by clicking on the policy details link on the right-hand side.
You can claim cash reimbursement towards the cost of your everyday healthcare including optical and dental bills, therapy treatments, diagnostic health consultations and health screening. Also included is 24/7, 365 days-a-year access to a GP consultation service.
- Five levels of cover to choose from
- Any RMT member aged 16 or over, who normally resides in the United Kingdom, can apply. Personal and family cover – children can be covered on a family plan until their 18th birthday
- Cover starts from as little as £5.78* per month
- Premiums are payable through convenient payroll deduction
- We pay 90% of eligible claims within two working days of receipt
- Upgrade for higher benefits or to add your family
- No medical required
- Claim from the start date of your policy. For maternity payment, you will need to wait 10 months from the policy start date and if you have a pre-existing health condition, or related health condition, you will have to wait two years before you are covered for hospital in-patient claims
Do you find it difficult to get a convenient GP appointment?
Included in the health cash plan is a GP consultation service, providing access 24/7, 365 days a year to professional advice by a fully-qualified GP.
Are you looking for information on legal and financial matters?
Included in the health cash plan is a confidential telephone helpline which you can access as many times as you like, day or night, for information on a range of issues including legal, financial and relationship matters.
If you have any questions about the RMT health cash plan, please call the BHSF customer helpdesk on 0800 622 552.